Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Late Peacemaker Sheikh Abdul Aziz Bukhari



Honoring the Life of Sheikh Abdul Aziz Bukhari


Inscribed on the hilt of the Prophet’s sword:
‘Forgive him who wrongs you;
join him who cuts you off;
do good to him who does evil to you,
and speak the truth although it be against yourself.’



The Prophet said:


The proud will not enter paradise, nor a violent speaker.

God is not merciful to him who is not so to mankind.

Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever has not kindness has not faith.

We were on a journey with the prophet when we saw a finch with two young ones. We took away the two young ones and the mother bird fluttered around. Then the Prophet came and said, 'Who has distressed her by taking away her young ones? Return her young ones to her.'

The Prophet also saw the abode of ants which we had burnt, and said, 'Who has burnt this?' We said, 'We (have done this).' The Prophet said, 'It is not proper that any one should punish another by fire unless it be the Lord of fire himself.'

The Prophet Muhammad said, 'My Cherisher has ordered me nine things: (1) To reverence Him, externally and internally; (2) to speak true, and with propriety, in prosperity and adversity; (3) moderation in affluence and poverty; (4) to benefit my relations and kindred who do not benefit me; (5) to give alms to him who refuses me; (6) to forgive him who injures me; (7) that my silence should be in attaining knowledge of God; (8) that when I speak, I should mention Him; (9) that when I look on God's creatures, it should be as an example for them.'

Deal gently with the people, and be not harsh; cheer them and condemn them not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...